THE 2018 EUROPEAN YEAR OF CULTURAL HERITAGE
2018 will be marked by events and initiatives across Europe to encourage people to explore and debate Europe’s rich and diverse cultural heritage (tangible, intangible, natural, digital and all types of cultural activities): celebrate, understand and protect its unique value and reflect on the place that cultural heritage occupies in European citizens’ lives.
How to get involved!
In line with Decision (EU) 2017/864 the following activities are eligible:
• Initiatives and events to promote debate and raise awareness of the importance and value of cultural heritage and to facilitate engagement with citizens and stakeholders.
• Information, exhibitions, education and awareness-raising campaigns.
• The sharing of experience and good practices of national, regional and local administrations and other organisations, and the dissemination of information.
• The undertaking of studies and research and innovation activities and the dissemination of their results on a European or national scale.
• The promotion of projects and networks connected to the European Year, including via the media and social networks.
More concretely, the activities can include, for example cultural events or performances, media events launch events, exhibitions, shows; information, education or awareness-raising campaigns; festivals, including film festivals; conferences, symposia, fora, debates; studies, surveys; training/ workshops; research activities; visits and exchanges; as well as digital projects.
When it comes to this inclusive European project
This list is not exhaustive.