THE 2018 EUROPEAN YEAR OF CULTURAL HERITAGE
In 2018, The EU will celebrate the European Year of Cultural Heritage.
The year will be marked by events and initiatives across Europe to encourage people to explore and debate Europe’s rich and diverse cultural heritage (tangible, intangible, natural, digital and all types of cultural activities): celebrate, understand and protect its unique value and reflect on the place that cultural heritage occupies in European citizens’ lives.
How to get involved!
In line with Decision (EU) 2017/864 the following activities are eligible:
• Initiatives and events to promote debate and raise awareness of the importance and value of cultural heritage and to facilitate engagement with citizens and stakeholders.
• Information, exhibitions, education and awareness-raising campaigns.
• The sharing of experience and good practices of national, regional and local administrations and other organisations, and the dissemination of information.
• The undertaking of studies and research and innovation activities and the dissemination of their results on a European or national scale.
• The promotion of projects and networks connected to the European Year, including via the media and social networks.
More concretely, the activities can include, for example cultural events or performances, media events launch events, exhibitions, shows; information, education or awareness-raising campaigns; festivals, including film festivals; conferences, symposia, fora, debates; studies, surveys; training/ workshops; research activities; visits and exchanges; as well as digital projects.
When it comes to this inclusive European project
This list is not exhaustive.
There are different levels of participation in this programme following the four main objectives and ten initiatives, as well as the main criteria of this programme: the activity must have a European dimension, raise awareness of the importance an value of cultural heritage and engage with people.
A) Promote an already planned project, event, activity or programme that meets the criteria
B) Add an extra project, event, activity or programme to an existing one.
C) create a new event to be part of 2018 EYCH.
Inclusion in the programme must be checked and authorised by the National Co-ordinator project.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and once eligibility is confirmed entries that have been added to the calendar will appear in the online diary. Official European 2018 EYCH branding will then become available, and promoted through social media.
Click the application below.
Add your event to the calendar.