- This event has passed.
Portavogie Seafood Festival, Co. Down, Northern Ireland
August 11 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
**With celebrity chefs Paul Rankin and Nick Nairn**
Join us in Portavogie on Saturday 11 August for a superb family day out set in harbour surroundings, with splendid seafood produce, children’s entertainment and much more!
Paul and Nick’s Big Food Trip to Portavogie (featuring celebrity chefs Paul Rankin and Nick Nairn)
- Cooking demonstrations
• Diver scallops, Asian salad
• Seared salmon with mussels, chorizo, peas and lettuce
• Handmade fettuccine with crab, langoustine accompanied with chilli, olive oil, lemon and parsley
• Catch of day fish cake with an avocado salsa, fish cream
• Seafood bruschetta with soda farls
• Monkfish with black beans and scallions
- Fun competitions
Northern Ireland’s Biggest Fish Market and Artisan Food Stalls
- Local food at its best!
- Touch Tank
- Fishy characters
- Funfair (charges apply)
- Fancy dress competition – best boy and best girl dressed in sea-themed costume
- and lots more fish-themed fun!
Strongman Trawler Pull
- 3pm across Portavogie Harbour
Music by local Brass Bands
- Throughout the day
FREE BUSES from Newtownards to Portavogie
|Departs Newtownards Bus Centre||Departs Portavogie Harbour|